Gerontologist Dr. David Demko coined the term Zoomer to identify the trend-setting group of Boomers who are "breaking new ground, re-defining aging and re-inventing retirement." Dr. Demko describes a zoomer as someone who:
- Knows the difference between primary (inevitable) and secondary (reversible) aging.
- Monitors inherited health risks and practices preventive health care.
- Performs daily exercise (aerobics for endurance, anaerobics for strength, and neurobics for brain power).
- Calculates daily nutritional and caloric needs based on age, gender, and weight.
- Orchestrates a social support system of companions, close friends, and a confidante.
- Enjoys a positive self-concept, and a passion for living life to the fullest.
- Achieves the resources necessary to live an adventurous life thanks to sound retirement planning."
Older men and women seeking plastic surgery procedures fit nicely into Dr. Demko's zoomer definition. They tend to want help to make them look as young as they feel.
Zoomers embrace plastic surgery of all kinds – from simple wrinkle fillers to full "Mommy Makeovers" that include breast augmentation, breast lift and tummy tuck.
No matter what procedure you may be seeking, the Walker Clinic is committed to ensuring you receive the best care and information you need.
Browse the procedures you have interest in and set up a no obligation consultation with Dr. Walker right away.